Thursday, April 16, 2009

Dream...

"when one day you all become a doctor, lawyer or engineer, you will earn a lot of money-rich. My primary school teacher told us in the class."

"But teacher, being a professional football player, we can earn more than them. David Beckham is able to earn 80,000 Pounds a week, times 6 is about RM480,000."

I was 11 years old at that time and that was what I replied. David actually earns more than 80k pounds but why my teacher never told us about it. Can a doctor earns 80k per month- he earns this figure per week. Maybe he is the only football player who made his 'humongous' fortune. By the way, I could not live without football-playing football almost every evening, drawing about football when I was free, committing vandalism by drawing football boots, players or even stadiums on my school text books and dreaming of becoming a national football player and MU player. I always thought of being a professional football player after graduating from secondary school. Ja, I was undoubtedly naive at that time because it was difficult to be a pro football player especially with such circumstance-devoid of parents, society and school's support. I never gave up to achieve this dream until form 4. 'Damals hat mir das Studium gar nicht gefallen'-I did not like studies at all. I still remember that I failed to pass some subjects in virtue of laziness. Only football was in my mind. However, my dream was with no avail. I do not have the chance to wear national football colour, play football in a stadium which is surrounded with 50,000 spectators who are watching my virtuosity, shouting 'changwin!', longing for my signature and score a plenty of marvelous goals in front of them.
At least I still have a pair of legs and eyes.......

3 comments:

  1. Brother, it's good to be down to earth.
    haha....football player...kekekkk...
    not bad, everyone should have at least one dream that seems to be quite contrast with their real life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. boy u know,
    MGSS (Malaysia - Germany Student Society, i suppose this is the full name :P) organises a football game every year in Hannover. n the scholars in germany r in fact quite active in this event. u can always join this!
    tengok "North La Liga"
    http://forum.mgss.de/index.php?sid=643382e7810c1dc46b6b86f13310000d

    have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thankss, shir ling..haha
    but dun call me boy la....haha

    ReplyDelete