Saturday, March 28, 2009

Nothing Gonna Change My Love for You

There is a story…..
David was an attractive man with a good complexion and plenty of women were longing to get him. However he only had eyes for a woman, Mary. They got to know each other since they studied in secondary school. David was 2 years older than Mary who had milky white skin, ponytail and was a curious mixture of tom boyishness and femininity. Actually both of them were fond of each other, but David never revealed his love to her because he realized that their relationship would not last longer: they will be separated with each other one day.
After David graduated from secondary school, he thought that he had no chance to see Mary anymore as he was enrolled at Kursk State Medical University in Russia to study Medicine and had to stay there for 6 years: he was thousands miles away from his own country. He tried to forsake her, forget her, and get her out of his mind but with no avail while Mary was sad: she wanted him not to study abroad but she could not say it out as studying abroad was David’s dream. She thought that she was being selfish by not letting him go. Mary still hoped that David could marry him one day. She loved him so much, burst into tears every time listening to the song ‘That’s why’. Before David went to Russia, Mary did send him a present: it was a song called ‘Complicated Heart’. The purpose she did so was to tell David: even if you want to go alone, I will be waiting when you are coming home.
Six years later, David was back to his own nation. He has not spoken for not because he was waiting for Mary but he could not find a woman who he really liked during his studies in Russia. Mary was still single too. She was waiting for David and hoped that she could meet him; they would live together until the end of their lives. After a few weeks coming back to his country, David decided to meet Mary who he has not seen her for almost 7 years. He finally made contact with her. When Mary saw David, tears well in her eyes, hugged him without saying a word. David was touched by her, his eyes turned red and whimpered; he has not cried since he was 14. “I love you”, David finally said it to Mary. At the same time, the song “nothing gonna change my love for you” was played.

"Nothing gonna change my love for you"

If I had to live my life without you near me
The days would all be empty
The nights would seem so long
With you I see forever oh, so clearly
I might have been in love before
But it never felt this strong
Our dreams are young and we both know
They’ll take us where we want to go
Hold me now, touch me now
I don’t want to live without you.
Nothing's gonna change my love for you
You oughta know by now how much I love you
One thing you can be sure of
I’ll never ask for more than your love.
Nothing’s gonna change my love for you
You ought to know by now how much I love you
The world may change my whole life through but nothing’s gonna change my
love for you.
If the road ahead is not so easy
our love will lead the way for us like a guiding star
I’ll be there for you if you should need me
you don’t have to change a thing
I love you just the way you are.
So come with me and share this view
I’ll help you see forever too
Hold me now, touch me now
I don’t want to live without you.